Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ?

Mike Pumford michaelp at bsquare.com
Wed Jan 24 13:28:12 UTC 2018

On 24/01/2018 13:21, Nimrod Levy wrote:
> If my google-fu is any good today, DDR3 maxes out at 2133.  DDR4 seems
> to go up to 3200[1]. The motherboard claims to support all speeds.
>
> This RAM is supposed to be DDR4-2400, but if it keeps things happy, I'll
> run it at 2133.
>
> [1] https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/ddr4

Seems you are right. Its possible at least one of my systems is a DDR3
one then as the reading I did at the time said that 2133 was the max.

I'll recheck my systems and double check what they actually are. ;) I do
know that I tried the faster than default memory profiles on both and it
introduced instability that went away when I went back to the standard
profile. I've done BIOS updates since then so its worth me checking that
again anyway.

Mike
--
Mike Pumford | Senior Software Engineer