why does buildworld fail on stable/11 ?

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Mon Jan 22 12:43:02 UTC 2018

On 22/01/2018 09:17, Scott Bennett wrote:
>     Anyway, I'm stuck.  Can someone please tell me what is going wrong and
> how to fix it?  I'd really like to be able to update my system, not only to
> keep it reasonably current, but also to be able to customize a kernel.  Thanks
> in advance for any suggestions/solutions.

Hi,

What I'd do is firstly to make things as simple as possible. First do
the upgrade simply. Either delete or call make.conf & src.conf something
else. Then get a fresh src  and ports tree via svnlite. Then do

rm -rf /buildwork/ccache.freebsd
mkdir /buildwork/ccache.freebsd

then

[/usr/src #] make cleandir && make clean && make buildworld && make
buildkernel && make installkernel && mergemaster -p

[make changes if needed]

[/usr/src #] make installworld && mergemaster

[make more changes if needed]

reboot

then cd into /usr/src as root, then do

yes | make delete-old
yes | make delete-old-libs

reboot again

then re-enable your extra lines in make.conf and src.conf, if you need them.

It may be down to something in the ccache dir, I guess.

--
J.