[HEADS UP] - OFED/RDMA stack update

Navdeep Parhar np at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 26 22:21:49 UTC 2018

+freebsd-arch@

Hi Meny,

Can you please post the KPI/KBI analysis that you generated to some
public location and provide a link here?  A straight MFC would be a
major break of KPI/KBI in -STABLE and the options we're looking at are:

a) Ignore the breakage and let downstream consumers deal with the
fallout.  This obviously isn't ideal in a -STABLE branch.

b) Provide compat shims to at least preserve the KPI.  One challenge is
that the changes include functions with the same name but different
signature/behavior.  See, for example, ib_create_cq in Meny's list once
he publishes it.

c) Have two versions of the OFED interfaces in 11-STABLE and not break
existing downstream consumers at all.

I've reached out to users that I know of and know will be affected.
If you use OFED and FreeBSD 11 this would be a good time to weigh
in with your thoughts, ideas, concerns etc..

Regards,
Navdeep