Ryzen lockup on bhyve was (Re: new Ryzen lockup issue ?)

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Feb 23 20:44:37 UTC 2018

On 2/23/2018 3:33 PM, Nimrod Levy wrote:
> After a couple of hours of running the iperf commands you were testing
> with, I'm unable to duplicate this so far.
>
> I'm running with FreeBSD stable from 17-Feb with the commits noted
> in https://reviews.freebsd.org/D14347
> <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D14347> pulled in.
>
> I've also lowered the memory clock and disabled c-states in the bios.
>
> The bhyve VM is running CentOS.
>
> The system has been up for over 6 days and has been running the iperf3
> loop for over 2 hours.
>
> The hardware is an Asus prime B350-Plus with a Ryzen 5 1600 and 32G of RAM.

Hmmm, Interesting. Thank you for testing. I have a slightly different
chipset (X370-PRO).  Wouldnt think that would make a difference. And
considering the Epyc also crashes-- although that takes a LOT longer, I
am not sure whats going on.

There is yet another BIOS update for this board. So trying with that.
The vmm driver does report things a little different, so we will see

ivhd0: <AMD-Vi/IOMMU ivhd with EFR> on acpi0
ivhd0: Flag:b0<IotlbSup,Coherent>
ivhd0: Features(type:0x11) MsiNumPPR = 0 PNBanks= 2 PNCounters= 0
ivhd0: Extended features[31:0]:22294ada<PPRSup,NXSup,GTSup,IASup> HATS =
0x2 GATS = 0x0 GLXSup = 0x1 SmiFSup = 0x1 SmiFRC = 0x2 GAMSup = 0x1
DualPortLogSup = 0x2 DualEventLogSup = 0x2
ivhd0: Extended features[62:32]:f77ef<USSup> Max PASID: 0x2f
DevTblSegSup = 0x3 MarcSup = 0x1
ivhd0: supported paging level:7, will use only: 4
ivhd0: device range: 0x0 - 0xffff
ivhd0: PCI cap 0x190b640f at 0x40 feature:19<IOTLB,EFR,CapExt>

The load also matters. Try with 2 FreeBSD instances. I am not able to
quickly crash with just one.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 x203