stable/11 r329462 - Meltdown/Spectre MFC questions

Matt Smith matt.xtaz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 20:19:39 UTC 2018

On Feb 17 11:47, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
>Reference: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=329462
>
>Do the following new loader tunables and sysctls have documentation
>anywhere?  I ask because I wish to know how to turn all of this off (yes
>you heard me correctly), as not all systems necessarily require
>mitigation of these flaws.

+1. I have an Intel Atom D525 "Pineview" which I'm led to believe
doesn't have these flaws and therefore unless it's detected and disabled
automatically I too would like to have documentation on how to view the
current status, and disable it as required.

And thank you for pointing this out. I can now just wait a while to see
what comes along rather than accidentally upgrading it and killing the
already really slow performance.

--
Matt