kern.sched.quantum: Creepy, sadistic scheduler

Peter pmc at citylink.dinoex.sub.org
Sat Apr 7 15:13:42 UTC 2018

Julian Elischer wrote:
> for a single CPU you really should compile a kernel with SMP turned off
> and 4BSD scheduler.
>
> ULE is just trying too hard to do stuff you don't need.

Julian,

if we agree on this, I am fine.
(This implies that SCHED_4BSD will *not* be retired for an indefinite time!)

I tested yesterday, and SCHED_4BSD doesn't show the annoying behaviour.
SMP seems to be no problem (and I need that), but PREEMPTION is
definitely related to the problem (see my other message sent now).

P.