Booting Raspberry Pi with input on serial console

Peter Ankerstål peter at pean.org
Fri Mar 10 10:40:30 UTC 2017

Hi!

I have a problem that should (?) have a simple solution but I havent found one.

I have a raspberry pi with a NMEA-GPS constantly hooked up to the serial console of the Pi.

My problem is that when booting the Pi it will interpet the output from the GPS as input to the boot process and the boot will fail. How can I have the serial interface of the GPS permanently hooked up to the pi without preventing the system to boot?

Thanks!

/Peter.