11.1-BETA3 uhub probes on warm boot triggers endless reboot cycle

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Thu Jun 29 22:23:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've got a dual boot system at home, booting into Windows 10 for
games. I've noticed that since I updated to 11.1-BETA3, a reboot from
Windows into FreeBSD results in a endless reboot cycle. In order to
reboot FreeBSD, I have to cold-boot. The endless reboot cycle appears
to be triggered when the kernel attempts to talk to "uhub", at which
point it reboots, and the cycle repeats. No kernel panics, no crash
cores.

The issue is not a biggie, other than the time it takes for me to
power down completely, wait for capacitors to discharge completely,
and then cold boot the machine. However, I thought I'd bring it to the
notice of list.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>