redundant zfs pool, system traps and tonns of corrupted files

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Thu Jun 29 11:37:35 UTC 2017

Hi.

Say I'm having a server that traps more and more often (different
panics: zfs panics, GPFs, fatal traps while in kernel mode etc), and
then I realize it has tonns of permanent errors on all of it's pools
that scrub is unable to heal. Does this situation mean it's a bad memory
case ? Unfortunately I switched the hardware to an identical server
prior to encountering zpools have errors, so I'm not use when did they
appear. Right now I'm about to run a memtest on an old hardware.

So, whadda you say - does it point at the memory as the root problem ?

Thanks.

Eugene.