11.1-BETA2 builds and 11.1-RELEASE schedule reminder

Ed Schouten ed at nuxi.nl
Mon Jun 19 20:25:31 UTC 2017

Hi Glen,

[ +stable ]

> As a reminder, the 11.1-BETA2 builds are scheduled to begin 16 June 2017
> at 00:00 UTC (roughly 7 hours from now).

I just gave the 11.1-BETA2 build a try:

- amd64: Boots perfectly fine, at least in VirtualBox.
- i386: When started in VirtualBox (5.0.30), it starts to print some
kernel panic stack trace during boot, but ends up rebooting
immediately, meaning I cannot capture the trace for you.

Exactly the same virtual machine is capable of booting an already
existing installation of FreeBSD/i386, so this may be a regression.

Can others reproduce this as well?

--
Ed Schouten <ed at nuxi.nl>
Nuxi, 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands