Panic with FreeBSD 11.0-RC2 VM-IMAGE when starting vboxservice

David Boyd DBoyd at secc.org
Sun Jul 9 21:48:40 UTC 2017

With latest VM-IMAGE (vmdk) for 11.1-RC2 system panics.  I haven't been able to process the panic completely, but the backtrace looks mysteriously similar to those provided with PR219146.

Initially, the VM-IMAGE booted just fine.  The VM-IMAGE is then configured as a VirtualBox client.  The panic occurs on subsequent reboots when attempting to start vboxservice.

Additionally, during the custom configuration process, lsof hangs for more than 2 minutes each time that it is invoked.

Please let me know exactly what information is needed to correct this problem.  I will be able to provide that information no later than Tuesday morning.

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

David Boyd.