VirtualBox outbound networking

Sydney Meyer meyer.sydney at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 8 22:57:16 UTC 2017

Hi Mike,

yes, a (correct) default route is added and the guest can reach the VirtualBox nat-gateway.. oddly enough, the VirtualBox DHCP server seems to have passed the hosts resolv.conf and is able to dig dns responses with my local-lan dns resolver, but can't ping it.

When a guest digs to my routers dns service, i can see the packets on the router coming from hosts IP address, i.e. nat working, but when i try to ping it the router, i can't see any packets, neither on the host nor on the remote site.