Unsupported USB BT device causes high interrupt load

Dominic Fandrey kami at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 6 10:16:53 UTC 2017

I have an Interrupt load of 2000 interrupts/s from xhci0.

As the culprit I have identified the following device:

ugen0.6: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x07dc> at usbus0, cfg=255 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (100mA)

The impression I have from googling this is that it's an unsupported
BT device sitting on board of my Intel Wireless AC 7260 card (I also
have an unsupported SD/MMC card reader sitting on the mainboard).

usbconfig -d 0.6 power_off

Ends the interrupt spree.

I'm running FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE #1 r316490 amd64.