Dying jail

Eugene Grosbein egrosbein at rdtc.ru
Wed Oct 26 08:36:10 UTC 2016

Hi!

Recently I've upgraded one of my server running 9.3-STABLE with jail containing 4.11-STABLE system.
The host was source-upgraded upto 10.3-STABLE first and next to 11.0-STABLE
and jail configuration migrated to /etc/jail.conf. The jail kept intact.

"service jail start" started the jail successfully
but "service jail restart" fails due to jail being stuck in "dying" state for long time:
"jls" shows no running jails and "jls -d" shows the dying jail.

How do I know why is it stuck and how to forcebly kill it without reboot of the host?

Eugene Grosbein