boot0cfg on does not set default selection on gmirror device

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Oct 24 06:58:51 UTC 2016

Hi, all,

> Am 24.10.2016 um 04:50 schrieb Ian Smith <smithi at nimnet.asn.au>:
>
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 15:53:59 +0200, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
>
>> Actual reboot of this production machine in two weeks when we run our
>> regular updates. But I expect that to "just work".
>
> Warner expected the existing boot0cfg code to "just work" too.  And it
> does, except that the upgrades to it failed to include a method to fix
> existing installations retrospectively!

If the boot0 code 2.0 was severely broken, don't you think we would
have noticed? ;-)

One more thing, I just checked: the machines for which it did work
all the time are indeed younger and all have the 2.0 bootcode.

Thanks for your help.
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100