ZFS l2arc broken in 10.3

Peter pmc at citylink.dinoex.sub.org
Thu Oct 13 13:13:25 UTC 2016

Pete French wrote:

> Ok, thats a bit worry if true - but I can confirm that l2arc works fine
> under 10.3 on amd64, so what you say about cross-compling might be true.
> Am taking an inetrest in this as I have just dpeloyed a lot of machines
> which are going to be relying on l2arc working to get reasobale performance.

Sure on my amd64 it also works fine. AFAIK such things are tolerated
when compiling in 64bit.

But I was pointed to another point interim: my source is from STABLE
branch; in the 10.3 RELEASE the code is different. Obviousely there were
recent changes, and that explains why the problem was not yet detected.