11.0 stuck on high network load

Julien Charbon jch at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 6 08:59:35 UTC 2016

 Hi Hiren,

On 10/6/16 9:44 AM, hiren panchasara wrote:
> On 10/06/16 at 09:28P, Julien Charbon wrote:
>>
>>  Thanks for Slawa effort and multiple debug report we start seeing the
>> bottom of this issue and it seems to be a generic one.  The most useful
>> report being:
>>
>> panic: tcp_detach: INP_TIMEWAIT && INP_DROPPED && tp != NULL
>
> I know there are multiple and probably related problems being
> discussed here but what about the one mentioned in subject of this
> thread?
> Apologies if I've missed something conclusive in one of the replies of
> this thread about that issue.

 This issue can lead the machine being stuck on high network load, by
double freeing an inp, you can corrupt/leak an inp lock, and the network
stack can wait definitely on this inp lock to be released.  You get this
assert only with INVARIANTS defined.

 Of usual, we can have more than one issue here, but this
INP_TIMEWAI|INP_DROPPED issue need to be fixed anyway.

--
Julien