Help! two machines ran out of swap and corrupted their zpools!

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 08:43:04 UTC 2016

> zpool import -N -O readonly=on -f -R /mnt/somezpoool
>
> If that doesn't help try:
>
> zpool import -N -O readonly=on -f -R /mnt/somezpoool -Fn

I got someone to do this (am still having toruble finding time
as am supposed to be off sick) and it causes instant kernel panic
on trying to import the pool. Same as it does on boot.

> Drop us a line of your configuration and used ZFS features. Like dedup,
> snapshots, external l2 logs and caches.

10.3-STABLE r303832 from start of August. One simple pool, two
drives mirrored, GPT formatted drives. No dedup, no snapshots,
no external logs or caches. We have lz4 comression enabled on the
filesystem, but apart from that its an utterly bog-standard setup.

Am an leaning towards faulty hardware now actually... seems most likely...

-pete.