Uppercase RE matching problems in FreeBSD 11

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+freebsd at ijs.si
Mon Nov 7 23:12:36 UTC 2016

2016-11-06 22:49, Stefan Bethke wrote:
> So what do I set my LANG and LC variables to?  I do want UTF-8, but I
> do also want my scripts to continue to work.  Clearly, en_US.UTF-8 is
> not what I want.  Is it C.UTF-8?

> Or do I set LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and LC_COLLATE=C?

Yes, that is the safest bet. The LANG sets a default, but the
LC_COLLATE, LC_TIME, LC_NUMERIC and LC_MONETARY should better
be set to "C" to overrule the LANG in their domains.

Leave the LC_ALL undefined or empty, as this one overrules
every other locale setting (unless you really want everything
to be set to "C").

   Mark