Problems with jail inside ZFS dataset

eddyraz eddyraz.fl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:09:10 UTC 2016

Good Afternoon., I have A VPS with FreeBSD  in a dedicated server with
OVH Hosting. Last week I installed FreeBSD 11, Ran buildworld after that
Crea\
ted a VM within a jail in /local/jails/ ZFS dataset

While trying to start the VM gave an error that said it could not mount
nullfs.

I added this in /boot/loader.conf

nullfs_mount=1

   later the error changed to:

Starting jails: cannot start jail  "haproxy":
mount: .: Operation not supported by device
jail: haproxy: /sbin/mount -t fdescfs . /local/jails/haproxy/dev/fd: failed

Following this post in Internet

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2014-August/079700.html

I ran the patch that they advised to. and I found in

http://pastebin.com/5t9zEzkV

but while aplying the patch with

patch /sys/fs/fdescfs/fdesc_vfsops.c sys_fs_fdescfs_fdesc_vfsop

gives this error.

Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:

--------------------------
|diff --git a/sys/fs/fdescfs/fdesc_vfsops.c b/sys/fs/fdescfs/fdesc_vfsops.c
|index cb5e3c0..7193809 100644
|--- a/sys/fs/fdescfs/fdesc_vfsops.c
|+++ b/sys/fs/fdescfs/fdesc_vfsops.c
--------------------------
Patching file /sys/fs/fdescfs/fdesc_vfsops.c using Plan A...
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y] y
Hunk #1 succeeded at 51 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 failed at 79.
No such line 241 in input file, ignoring
Hunk #3 succeeded at 229 (offset -8 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks failed--saving rejects to
/sys/fs/fdescfs/fdesc_vfsops.c.rej
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/sys/kern/kern_jail.c b/sys/kern/kern_jail.c
|index 2846eca..791723d 100644
|--- a/sys/kern/kern_jail.c
|+++ b/sys/kern/kern_jail.c
--------------------------
File to patch: /sys/kern/kern_jail.c
Patching file /sys/kern/kern_jail.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 207.
Hunk #2 failed at 224.
Hunk #3 failed at 4247.
Hunk #4 failed at 4403.
4 out of 4 hunks failed--saving rejects to /sys/kern/kern_jail.c.rej
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:

|diff --git a/sys/sys/jail.h b/sys/sys/jail.h
|index a82a499..a01d665 100644
|--- a/sys/sys/jail.h
|+++ b/sys/sys/jail.h

File to patch: /sys/sys/jail.h
Patching file /sys/sys/jail.h using Plan A...
Hunk #1 failed at 228.
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to /sys/sys/jail.h.rej
done
#

I asked in serverfault.com but they make me notice that this was a patch
for 10.x and I was applying it to 11. but afterthat no further advance, Ple\
ase could anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance.