Where is 10.2-STABLE?

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 31 22:54:23 UTC 2016

On 30 Mar, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> I was looking to download an ISO for 10.2-STABLE for a new build I'm
> doing, however I can't see to locate any such ISO.  It isn't where
> it seems it should be, according to the info on this page:
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/snapshots/
>
> Where can I get such an ISO?

If you really want a snapshot from the stable/10 branch, look for
10.3-PRERELEASE.  When stable/10 was branched in preparation for
10.3-RELEASE (creating the releng/10.3 branch), newvers.sh on the
stable/10 branch was edited to change REVISION from 10.2 to 10.3 and
BRANCH from STABLE to PRERELEASE.  Commits to the stable/10 branch after
this point are eligible to be merged to releng/10.3 if approved by re at .

Once 10.3 is officially released, then newvers.sh will be modified again
to change BRANCH from PRERELEASE back to STABLE, and the snapshots will
then be named 10.3-STABLE.

I suspect that the oldest of the 10.2-STABLE snapshots has been expired.
I don't know why there haven't been any 10.3-PRERELASE snapshot .iso
files created since January ...