Not all ZFS pools mounting at boot

Morgan Reed morgan.s.reed at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:54:29 UTC 2016

Hi All,

    Been fighting this one for a while and I figure it's time to take it to
the brainstrust.

I've recently added a third storage array to my NAS, it's a RAID-Z pool the
same as the other two arrays in the box, the new array isn't mounting at
boot, I have to manually import it every time.

Done some digging around online but everything I've found has come down to
the person not having zfs_enable=YES in rc.conf, obviously as two of my
three pools are mounting at boot this is not my issue.

Only oddity I've found is that, the output of zdb does NOT show the third
storage pool, although it is presently imported and mounted.

I am mounting the third pool under an alternate root, if that has any
bearing on things.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Morgan Reed