stf(4) on 10-stable

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Wed Jan 13 08:21:23 UTC 2016

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:04:18 +0100
Daniel Bilik <ddb at neosystem.org> wrote:

> A week ago I upgraded two systems where stf(4) is used. They were running
> 10-stable from beginning of September, with stf working fine. After
> upgrade, the address on stf0 stays "tentative" indefinitely.

I've finally got some time to analyze this more thoroughly. And indeed,
the problem was introduced with both r287734 (changes to in6if_do_dad() in
sys/netinet6/in6.c) and r290348 (changes to nd6_timer() in
sys/netinet6/nd6.c), specifically in combination with stf(4) interfaces not being
marked "running". Attached patch fixes that. Should I create PR for this?

--
						Dan