82576 + NETMAP + VLAN

Giuseppe Lettieri g.lettieri at iet.unipi.it
Mon Feb 15 15:04:48 UTC 2016

Hi Slawa,

I think WITNESS is seeing a false positive, since those two are always
different mutexes.

The actual deadlock you experience should be caused by something else. I
have not been able to reproduce it locally (I have not tried that hard,
to be honest). I am pretty sure that there is a lock inversion - one
that may cause real deadlocks - when you use netmap pipes+kqueue and you
don't pass NETMAP_NO_TX_POLL at NIOCREGIF time. The attached patch
should solve this particular problem, but there may be others. May you
please try it?

Cheers,
Giuseppe

--
Dr. Ing. Giuseppe Lettieri
Dipartimento di Ingegneria della Informazione
e-mail: g.lettieri at iet.unipi.it