MRSAS driver/LSI MegaRaid 92XX-93XX admin question: When one of the Raid's physical drives break, how is it reported in the logs?

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Sun Feb 14 15:26:26 UTC 2016

Hi!

> So my final question then is, how do you extract it into userland (in
> the absence of an "mfiutil" as the MFI driver has)?

They renamed the util to StorCLI, it looks very similar to the old tw_cli,
and can be downloaded from

http://www.avagotech.com/products/server-storage/raid-controllers/megaraid-sas-9266-8i#downloads

as MR_SAS_StorCLI_1-16-06.zip, unpacking it yields storcli_all_os.zip,
unpacking that yields storcli_all_os/FreeBSD/storcli64.tar,
and finally unpacking that gives

$ file storcli64
storcli64: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (FreeBSD), statically linked, for FreeBSD 7.4, stripped

which at least looks like it might work with the MRSAS controller.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !