10-STABLE hangups frequently

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 3 16:47:46 UTC 2016

Le mer  3 fév 16 à  8:53:13 +0100, Shane Ambler <FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz>
 écrivait :

> Any chance you get high wired allocations?
>
> Sometimes several times in a day I see the wired amount shown in top
> rise to over 6GB (of 8GB) bringing the system to a crawl. When wired
> gets over 7GB the system rarely recovers.
>
> I am now running 10.2-STABLE r292646 on corei7 with 8GB and ZFS FS
> This is my everyday desktop running xfce and a variety of gui apps.
>
> I use a small script to allocate several GB of ram that gives the
> pressure needed to start releasing some wired, provided I can get in
> early enough.
>
> Not sure how to gather any helpful info for this.

I don't think so: this box has 16 GB of RAM, and everything is usually
fine, even during high activity (e.g. poudriere build). The problem
occurs only at daily periodic time.

It's not repetable on demand, that's why I've not yet identified the
task...
--
Th. Thomas.