Test failures on 10-STABLE

Ngie Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 02:16:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Ngie Cooper (yaneurabeya)
<yaneurabeya at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Aug 29, 2016, at 06:00, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> I notice that there are some consistent test failures on 10-STABLE:
>>
>> https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_stable_10/362/testReport/
>>
>> sys.geom.class.gate.2

This has actually been failing on and off for several months :/...
05/21/2016 (build 228 [1]) was the first instance I found with this
failure.

>> lib.libc.string.memcpy_test.memcpy_basic

I'll have to look through for that item.

>> have been failing for about a month.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas about what caused them?
>> This looks like some bad merges happened.
>
> I’ll look into it sometime today/tomorrow (I have some archives of kyua runs).
> Thanks,
> -Ngie
>
> PS It’s really painful when Jenkins becomes unreachable — is there a way to make sure it stays up more reliably?

I'll spider jenkins.freebsd.org later on tonight so I can build up a
histogram for the failures.
Thanks,
-Ngie

1. https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_stable_10/228/