Benchmarks results for Compilers on FreeBSD 11

Fernando Herrero Carrón elferdo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 23:41:44 UTC 2016

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=freebsd11-clang-gcc&num=1

> It shows clearly how slow CLang is compared to GCC.
>
> This is the price FreeBSD has to pay to be free of GPL in the base
> system.
>
> Erich

Very cool comparison, thanks a lot!

I think gcc has a lot of knowledge and experience under its belt, a larger
user base so no wonder it performs [slightly] worse. What has really
surprised me has been ImageMagick, apparently because of openmp. The OpenMP
stack has been contributed by intel, clang 3.4 if I recall it right.
Surprising.

Cheers,
Fernando