Benchmarks results for FreeBSD 11

Slawa Olhovchenkov slw at zxy.spb.ru
Mon Aug 22 09:38:15 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 03:22:35AM +0000, Kubilay Kocak wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2016, 11:31 AM Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 09:57:24AM +1000, Dewayne Geraghty wrote:
> > > unless knowledgable people respond publicly and/or in the phoronix
> > > forums [...] this interpretation of reality will be fixed in decision-
> > > makers' minds and consequently the uptake (and support) of FreeBSD.
> >
> > IIRC this has been done before and hasn't really been productive.  OTOH
> > I don't recall the details.
> >
> > FreeBSD hasn't had a benchmarking guru since Kris Kennaway retired from
> > working on FreeBSD.
>

> Michael has reached out off-list (thanks!) If anyone else is interested,
> I'd be happy to create a dedicated IRC channel on freenode to widen and
> focus the freebsd performance discussion net and doc any outcomes/notes in
> the FreeBSD Wiki.

What about support by hardware?
For good benchmarking report need:

1. Hardware (with KVM access)
2. People(s) do benchmark
3. Advocacy
4. Time for this
5. Reputation (only time create this).

I am have some expirense with performance advocacing and improvement,
but don't have hardware for test and advocacy skils.