Significant missing item in 11.0 release notes

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Aug 1 15:43:29 UTC 2016

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 16:39:45 +0300, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
 > On 31.07.16 22:28, Kevin Oberman wrote:
 > > I assumed that I had missed this in the release notes, but I can find no
 > > reference to this significant change that simultaneously greatly enhanced
 > > ipfw table functionality, but also broke my configuration. While the fix
 > > was trivial, if the Release Notes had addressed this, I would not have had
 > > the problem in the first place.
 >
 > I fixed this in r303615. Thanks for the report!

Fast work Andrey, and sorry for rushing in.  I ASSumed, after reading
the new tables section in 11.0-R ipfw(8), that Kevin had run into:

	Tables require explicit creation via create before use.

but diving - not too deeply - into the log of /head/sbin/ipfw/tables.c
from your commit, I think that statement must be out of date, at least
regarding existing ruleset table configuration?  Is that right?

cheers, Ian