freebsd-update: No Keys?

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Fri Sep 4 18:46:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-04 10:21, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Is there a known issue with the freebsd-update servers?
>
> thebighonker.lerctr.org /home/ler $ sudo  ezjail-admin setup -u
> Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
> Fetching public key from update4.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update2.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update5.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update6.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update3.freebsd.org... failed.
> No mirrors remaining, giving up.
> Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
> Fetching public key from update6.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update4.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update5.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update3.freebsd.org... failed.
> Fetching public key from update2.freebsd.org... failed.
> No mirrors remaining, giving up.
> thebighonker.lerctr.org /home/ler $
>
> this is coming from my colo.
>
> Thanks!

To answer my own question for the archives:
The issue is that ezjail-admin is using freebsd-update, and using the
HOSTS uname -r value.  In this case it
was 10.2-STABLE.  If I fake it out with:
export UNAME_r=10.2-RELEASE
it works fine.

I've sent a message to the ezjail maintainer with this info.

It looks like ezjail needs to fake out freebsd-update when it's dealing
with it's jail(s).

Thanks to Glen Barber for some insights1

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 7011 W Parmer Ln, Apt 1115, Austin, TX 78729-6961