ZFS - poor performance with "large" directories

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 10:19:08 UTC 2015

true, but in my experience usb pen drives are variable in terms of
performance across different sticks and different areas of the same stick.
This can complicate things a little, and is often not worth the effort. You
obviously run the ssd over usb though, and I still do on one server I run
as I haven't been able to sort the down time yet.