FreeBSD_STABLE_10-i386 - Build #661 - Still Failing

Li-Wen Hsu lwhsu at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 25 17:39:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:34:47 +0000, Glen Barber wrote:

> > > Ok so it will be fixed by the next snapshot
> > >

> > The Jenkins builders absolutely *cannot* rely on files within the
> > snapshots/ directory on the mirrors to exist.  Relying on files that
> > possibly could not exist (failed builds for extended periods of time,
> > for example), is an implementation bug.
> >
> > The Jenkins configurations need to be updated to use the base.txz under
> > the releases/ directory, and for building -CURRENT, must use the latest
> > major release base.txz (not *snapshot* build).
> >
> > In other words:
> >
> >  9.3-STABLE: built from 9.3-RELEASE
> >  10.2-STABLE: built from 10.2-RELEASE
> >  11.0-CURRENT: built from 10.2-RELEASE
> >
> > This ensures:
> >
> > 1) edge cases where a snapshot (which is *not* a release) is built
> >    between a problematic commit does not prevent Jenkins spam;
>
> s/does not prevent/does not cause/
>
> > 2) source-based upgrades from the last major version to -CURRENT (which
> >    in turn, ensures 10.2-RELEASE can be source-upgraded to 11.0-RELEASE)
> >    is tested.
> >
> > This must be fixed by Jenkins Admins.

This is changed in most of the jobs which execute the build process in
jail.  As you can see. i386 10-STABLE and i386 9-STABLE build is back to
normal. For arm64 and i386 11-CURRENT, I have switched the configuration
in test jobs and will modify the main jobs when I see them successfully
ends.

Li-Wen

--
Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu at FreeBSD.org>