FreeBSD_STABLE_10-i386 - Build #661 - Still Failing

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 25 10:31:30 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 07:15:40PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > The build happens in a jail built every time the job starts, by fetching
> > the latest snapshot from:
> >
> > http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/i386/11.0-CURRENT/base.txz
> >
> > It looks there is no /usr/bin/colldef.  I haven't looked into what's
> > going on here.
> >

> Ok so it will be fixed by the next snapshot

The Jenkins builders absolutely *cannot* rely on files within the
snapshots/ directory on the mirrors to exist.  Relying on files that
possibly could not exist (failed builds for extended periods of time,
for example), is an implementation bug.

The Jenkins configurations need to be updated to use the base.txz under
the releases/ directory, and for building -CURRENT, must use the latest
major release base.txz (not *snapshot* build).

In other words:

 9.3-STABLE: built from 9.3-RELEASE
 10.2-STABLE: built from 10.2-RELEASE
 11.0-CURRENT: built from 10.2-RELEASE

This ensures:

1) edge cases where a snapshot (which is *not* a release) is built
   between a problematic commit does not prevent Jenkins spam;
2) source-based upgrades from the last major version to -CURRENT (which
   in turn, ensures 10.2-RELEASE can be source-upgraded to 11.0-RELEASE)
   is tested.

This must be fixed by Jenkins Admins.

Glen