ZFS - poor performance with "large" directories

Albert Cervin albert at acervin.com
Tue Nov 24 15:26:10 UTC 2015

Thanks!

"I should hope not.  ext4 vs zfs comparison isn't fair for either."

I do realize that comparing ext4 and ZFS is not really giving anything
but it tells us one thing, ext4 would work whereas ZFS would not for
our use case, which was unexpected, at least to me.

 vfs.zfs.txg.timeout is already verified to be 5 (the default). I have
also turned off atime and vfs.zfs.arc_meta_limit is 1287906304.

"Do you have any memory pressures on your server ?  Have a look at this
thread"

The server has 4 cores and 8Gb of memory and there is no memory
pressure on the server. Thanks, will look at the thread!

The setup is _really_ simple with just a single pool and no datasets.

Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Albert