10-STABLE suspend failure

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:37:13 UTC 2015

Adrian,

Thanks! I can confirm that rolling back the intel_opregion commit 279961
restores suspend. I only rolled back this commit, so there is no doubt this
is the culprit. Of course, rolling it back also breaks brightness control.

Does it look like there is a reasonable explanation for this? Without
looking at the Linux code (which I probably would not understand anyway),
I'd guess something is missing that is needed for suspend to work.

Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com