Problems with openssl 1.0.2 update

Matt Smith fbsd at xtaz.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 11:36:37 UTC 2015

On Mar 23 11:33, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>we experiencing a problem after upgrading  the openssl port to openssl
>1.0.2.
>
>/usr/bin/vi started to crash after some seconds with segfault.
>/rescue/vi works just fine. Deleting the openssl 1.0.2 package
>everything works just fine again. Installing the old openssl 1.0.1_18
>package it still works just fine.
>
>it seams that besides vi the bash also has this problem. Anybody
>experiencing the same or is this something specific to my system.
>
>I'm running FreeBSD 10.1 updated tonight.

There is definitely something not right. See this too
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/postfix-does-not-start-build-anymore-since-upgrade-to-openssl-1-0-2.50959/

I haven't had a chance yet to test it again in more detail, but someone
reported that postfix was broken, and I had PHP-FPM racing and taking up
50+ load average on my box which I guess was probably nginx hitting it
with tons of requests. Mine is 10.1-STABLE amd64.

--
Matt