dtrace on RELENG9 possible ?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Mar 20 12:30:46 UTC 2015

On 3/20/2015 12:49 AM, Mark Johnston wrote:

>> This is releng9 from today after a fresh buildworld/kernel
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by releng9. Is it 9.0? 9.3? Does your
> kernel configuration file contain "options KDTRACE_HOOKS"?

Hi,
By RELENG9, I mean checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9

I am using a stock GENERIC kernel which seems to have those options.  I
am building RELENG_9 on a RELENG8 machine, I wonder if this has
something to do with it, but I use the same machine to build RELENG_10
images and dtrace works fine on it.

options         KDTRACE_FRAME           # Ensure frames are compiled in
options         KDTRACE_HOOKS           # Kernel DTrace hooks
options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE     # Include this file in kernel
options         KDB                     # Kernel debugger related code
options         KDB_TRACE               # Print a stack trace for a panic
options         DDB_CTF                 # kernel ELF linker loads CTF data

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet services since 1994 www.sentex.net