dtrace on RELENG9 possible ?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Mar 19 19:35:56 UTC 2015

Anyone know how to get dtrace working on RELENG9 ? When I go to load the
klds, I get the error

# kldload dtraceall
kldload: an error occurred while loading the module. Please check
dmesg(8) for more details.

# dmesg | tail -5
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
KLD profile.ko: depends on cyclic - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
KLD dtraceall.ko: depends on profile - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

if I try and load profile, or cyclic, I get

KLD profile.ko: depends on cyclic - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
link_elf_obj: symbol cyclic_clock_func undefined
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
link_elf_obj: symbol cyclic_clock_func undefined
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

Googling around this seems to be a known problem going back some time
and there are various patches posted, but I am not sure what the best
way to proceed is ?  This is only for a test box so I can try and better
understand why RELENG9 is so much faster than RELENG10 for my particular
applications.
This is releng9 from today after a fresh buildworld/kernel

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, mike at sentex.net