Significant memory leak in 9.3p10?

J David j.david.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 23:52:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Konstantin Belousov
<kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are a lot of possibilities to create persistent anonymous shared
> memory objects.  Not complete list is tmpfs mounts, swap-backed md disks,
> sysv shared memory, possibly posix shared memory (I do not remember which
> implementation is used in stable/9).

If that's the explanation, how could it be
detected/measured/investigated/resolved/prevented?

Under ordinary circumstances, machines will go run like this for days/weeks:

Mem: 549M Active, 3623M Inact, 567M Wired, 3484K Cache, 827M Buf, 3156M Free
Swap: 1024M Total, 1024M Free

Then, when this happens, it rapidly degrades from that to so bad that
processes start getting killed for being out of swap space.

Thanks!