suspend/resume regression

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 05:45:33 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Joseph Mingrone <jrm at ftfl.ca> wrote:
>
>> Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> writes:
>> > ok. I've updated my x230 to the latest -head and it is okay at
>> > suspend/resume.
>>
>> No problem with -head on the X220 as well.
>>
>> > I can go acquire an x220 (now that they're cheap) to have as another
>> > reference laptop.
>>
>> You might ping Allan Jude.  If I'm not mistaken he had at least two
>> X220s at BSDCan.  Maybe he'd be willing to part with one.
>>

> I have now merged all of the parts of 284034 except for 281874 and resume
> works correctly. As i suspected, something in that rather large commit is
> the problem and it is probably something that is tied to some other change
> in HEAD as Adrian has reported that it works fine in HEAD.
>
> I'll have to admit that have no idea how to approach figuring this out.
> I'm not sure how I can even revert a part of the commit to get
> 10.2-PRERELEASE working for me. I really wish that a commit as large as
> this one had been MFCed separately. :-(  So far there has been only a
> single commit to pci and none to pccbb since 284034, so I built stable with
> the files modified in 281874 manually reverted.

I now have r284916M running and it seems to be working fine. All of 284034
committed except for the MFC from 281874. That left three files conflicting
with STABLE:
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci_pci.c
/usr/src/sys/dev/pccbb/pccbb_pci.c
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com