suspend/resume regression

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 23:54:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Joseph Mingrone <jrm at ftfl.ca> wrote:

> Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> writes:
> > ok. I've updated my x230 to the latest -head and it is okay at
> > suspend/resume.
>
> No problem with -head on the X220 as well.
>
> > I can go acquire an x220 (now that they're cheap) to have as another
> > reference laptop.
>
> You might ping Allan Jude.  If I'm not mistaken he had at least two
> X220s at BSDCan.  Maybe he'd be willing to part with one.

I have now merged all of the parts of 284034 except for 281874 and resumes
work fine. As i suspected, something in that rather large commit is the
problem and it is probably something that depends on some other change in
HEAD as Adrian has reported that it works fine in HEAD.

I'll have to admit that have no idea how to approach figuring this out. I'm
not sure how I can even revert a part of the commit to get 10.2-PRERELEASE
working for me. I really wish that a commit as large as this one had been
MFCed separately. :-(  So far there has been only a single commit to pci
and none to pccbb since 284034, so I guess I'll build stable with the files
modified in 281874 manually reverted and see how that goes.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com
.