suspend/resume regression

Joseph Mingrone jrm at ftfl.ca
Fri Jun 26 21:07:20 UTC 2015

This is on a Lenovo X220.  Suspend/resume was working until some time
between late April and last week's STABLE snapshot.

Suspend always seems to work, but there are two issues with resume.

1) When i915kms isn't loaded, then resuming works, but the screen
doesn't come back on.  I'm able to ssh in to verify all is well.
kern.vty=vt is set in /boot/loader.conf.  I'm not positive that this
wasn't a problem in the past since I always started the system up with
xdm.

2) When i915kms is loaded, then resuming doesn't work and the system
needs a hard restart.  This definitely used to worked.

For case 1), after the system has resumed and i915kms is then loaded
the message below appears in /var/log/messages:

Jun 26 17:42:22 phe kernel: error: [drm:pid0:intel_lvds_enable] *ERROR*
timed out waiting for panel to power off

If there is anything I can test or any useful information I left out,
just let me know.

Joseph