[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Errata Notice FreeBSD-EN-15:08.sendmail

Gregory Shapiro gshapiro at gshapiro.net
Thu Jun 18 15:10:37 UTC 2015

> > Did you (re)generate your dh.params file as noted in the Workaround section?
>
> No, because of this text under Solution:
> "
> A change to the raise the default for sendmail client connections to
> 1024-bit DH parameters has been committed.
> "
>
> As I understand it this would remove the need for generating
> the dh.params file?

You do not need to regenerate dh.params with the patch unless you have
specifically set DHParameters in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf to a lower
strength.  What is the output of:

grep DHParam /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

If it is set to a string beginning with '5' or a filename and that
file was generated using 512-bit strength, then remove that setting.