Buildworld failure on stable

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Aug 26 17:49:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 06:38:46PM +0100, Matt Smith wrote:
> So, been doing some testing. It looks like a -j4 problem with the latest
> sources. If I buildworld with -j1 then it compiles with no issues at
> all. If I compile r286908 with -j4 then it compiles with no issues at
> all. If I try and compile r287155 with -j4 then I get the bus errors. So
> I'm not convinced at all that it's hardware related at the moment.

While it is not a complete list of the updates I do to FreeBSD machines,
I believe that <http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/> has
links to a selection that is reasonably representative of those I have
been doing recently.

For my builds, I use a -j value that is twice the reported value of
`sysctl -n hw.ncpu`.  For both my laptop and my build machine, that
works out to -j16.  For my work desktop (not depicted on the page), it's
-j24.

I'm not seeing the issues you're reporting.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.