dmesg seems broken

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Mon Sep 29 14:31:13 UTC 2014

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Chris H <bsd-lists at bsdforge.com> wrote:
>
>> Where can I get that information? Where was it sent? Why am I
>> not allowed to view it?
>>

> Sounds to me like the kernel ring buffer is now too small for all the early
> boot messages?
OK more investigation indicates that bumping
kern.msgbufsize
will return the missing bits. Maybe this is what you were trying to tell me. ;)

Anyway. Anyone know why was this tunable reduced? I don't experience this on
RELENG_8, or 11-CURRENT.

FWIW I have loader.conf(5) set to boot verbose. But still didn't get the info
expected. :(

Thanks for the reply, Brandon.

--Chris