10.1Beta - Ongoing Build Problems

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Fri Sep 19 13:16:45 UTC 2014

On 09/19/2014 03:50 AM, Steven Hartland wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Daneliuk" <tundra at tundraware.com>
>

>> On 09/18/2014 06:36 PM, Steven Hartland wrote:
>>> I just noticed your error was
>>>
>>> rm: fts_read: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> This is a know issue with rewinddir.
>>>
>>> I believe the fix is:
>>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/271048
>>>
>>> Which was MFC'ed by:
>>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/271263
>>>
>>> So your build machine will need to be running r271263 or later.
>>
>> Hmmm I am at: 10.1-PRERELEASE #27 r271419
>
> John are there any outstanding issues with the rewind fix
> that you know of or should it all be fixed?
>
> Tim can you double check that you see the following change
> in your source tree:
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/lib/libc/gen/rewinddir.c?r1=271048&r2=271047&pathrev=271048
>

>     Regards
>     Steve

Interestingly, I did a recompile with no parallelization and got to this:

         FreeBSD 10.1-BETA1 #5 r271742

When the nightly build job ran later (that has a -j4 in the make line) it
ran fine to completion.  Perhaps I just needed to get to a slightly new
rev?   Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this and let you know if I see
this issue again.

Thanks,

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com