Problem compiling Dbus

Chris Nehren cnehren+freebsd-stable at pobox.com
Thu Sep 18 20:39:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:47:22 -0700, Filippo Moretti via freebsd-stable wrote:
> I have the following problem compiling Dbus on 10-STABLE i386:
> gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/devel/dbus/work/dbus-1.8.8/tools'
> Making all in doc
> gmake[4]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/devel/dbus/work/dbus-1.8.8/doc'
> /usr/local/bin/xmlto man dbus-cleanup-sockets.1.xml
> /usr/local/bin/xmlto man dbus-daemon.1.xml
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
> warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
> compilation error: file /tmp/xmlto-xsl.L8BOVn line 4 element import

This suggests that the machine was unable to fetch the URLs
mentioned.  Does it have a connection to the general Internet?
If it does, do your logs indicate that the connection was down
at the time the compilation failed?  I can access the URLs
without issue here.  Another possibility is that the server
itself was temporarily down.  Try the build again and see if it
works?

--
Chris Nehren