Oce driver fixes

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Wed Sep 17 11:04:05 UTC 2014

Hello,

Back in July there was a discussion on -current about serious problems with the "oce" driver for Emulex 10 GbE cards.

Stefano Garzarella supplied a patch that fixed the problems (at least for me). Is this patch planned to go to -current and -stable, ideally before 10.1?

At least for me, these Emulex cards were virtually unusable until I applied Stefano's patch. And from his description of the problem (lack of proper locking) the errors are serious indeed.

This is the link to the discussion. I assumed that someone would push this so that the fixes would be applied to -stable (and hence the upcoming 10.1) as well, but it hasn't happened. Sorry for my belated heads up.

The discussion is here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2014-July/050972.html

and Stefano's message explaining what he saw is this:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2014-July/051193.html

Thanks!

Borja.