10.1 kernel device config for drm2 and kms drivers

Ben Morrow ben at morrow.me.uk
Thu Sep 11 21:14:37 UTC 2014

Quoth =?windows-1252?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?=
 <jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr>:
> On 11.09.2014 10:46, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
>
> > Driver initialization was never tested when loaded from loader, I
> > have no idea how i915 starts up with interrupts still disabled.
>
> After the addition of vt(4), several users started to load i915kms and
> radeonkms from the loader and this works for them.

I didn't realise it was possible to load radeonkms after boot.
Presumably if you do that you lose even more of the boot messages when
the new console loads? Currently it appears to lose everything that was
above the top of the screen when the new driver loaded; it would be
better (if possible) if it were to keep the scrollback as well.

Ben